• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front driveshaft slip yoke pulled apart, how do you reseat it?

Blaine B.

NAXJA Forum User
Well since I dropped the D30 far down enough to stick in my new coils, I did not disconnect the front driveshaft from the yoke....in turn the slip yoke pulled apart.

So my question is, how do you get it back together? I cannot get the splines through the seal.

There is a local driveshaft shop that I could take it to but I suppose I'd rather do it myself.

Thanks!

You might have to tap the seal upwards about 1/4" to give it some room for the sealing lip to push inwards. It also makes it easier to assemble as you then just get it started past the seal and have to wiggle room to get the splines to line up. Eyeball and mark the splines first to make alignment easier.

I got it, just tried again and it went together. Required some rubber mallet action though. The slip yoke is not the smoothest acting, although since it was apart I cleaned it all and applied fresh grease.

make sure the u joints are still in proper phase?

Hm I didn't even think of that, will have to get back to it eventually. Doesn't seem to be causing any problems at the moment.

Didn't even think that mattered, thanks for the heads up!

Back