• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end rubbing noise

boostedvdub80239

NAXJA Forum User
Ever since I picked up this xj, its a 90, it has had a rubbing noise comming from the front right. It starts around 10mph and increases with speed. the wheel bearing seems ok, as does the brake rotor and the pads. It quiets down while driving through a sweeping right hand corner. Any ideas? its my first jeep and its driving me mad... :attom:

Pull the center caps out of your wheels, if you have them. What you need to do is get access to the cotter pin, stub shaft and wheel nut with the wheel still on the Jeep.

Go for a quick drive around your neighborhood. About 5 to 10 minutes should do it. Then stop, and feel the stub shaft to see if it is warm. If it, is your bearing is going out.

Cheap places to get them are in junkyards. It is not a serviceable unit so if you get one at a parts store they are close to $150.

Back