• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need tire suggestions - budget priced MT that works well on snow and ice

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I need some suggestions on some budget priced 33/35 inch MT tires.

My only requirements are they work well in snow and ice (let lots of that around here), and last more than 20k miles.

I'm currently running 33x12.5 Trxus MTs and they are FANTASTIC in all categories except wear. They've been on 20k miles and are in need of replacement.

do google search for Wildcountry RVT. There are a ton of reviews that list that tire as having all of the things you mentioned. I have no personal experience with them, but I do see a lot on trucks around here

I have gotten excellent wear out of my Firestones (Destination MT), but they haven't seen too much snow and ice. The couple times I had it out in the snow it did well, but that was mostly "winter wheelin'". They do accept studs. and that's about the best option for ice. They do however, like most MTs, lack siping. Also, 33's are the biggest you can get :(

untill i switched to Goodyear MTRs for the extra sidewall strength i had BFG MT's and they worked awsome for me in snow and ice.

Back