• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Switch

Steve22

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ Sport and the headlight switch went out. I removed the lower dash cover but i cant for the life of me figure out how to remove the unit. I know you have to hit the button to slide the stalk out and unscrew the fastening nut in the front. But i cant figure out how to get to is to remove it or hook up the ground.

Any ony know of any write ups on how to do this?

Are you not able to find the "button"?

HLSWITCH.jpg

I was looking at my 98 as possibly having a bad switch till I found a blown fuse.
Had the knee panel off and was feeling around, the TJ was much easier, after a couple of minutes I still could not find the button on the XJ, I know it's there. I'm doing some other stuff behind the dash this week so I'll look a bit closer next time. I was pulling the last cables from my in car hardwired cell phone kit out, the coax that went to the external antenna, it's one of those things I better look at while it's warm out so if it does go I won't be kneeling and freezing my ass off trying to figure it out.

What seems to be in the way? When I was wiring in my keyless entry I pulled my switch to access some of the wires for the lights. It took a bit of wiggling but it came out.

Back