• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Signing off from Moab...

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
Well, it's been a heckuva week, but like all good things, the 25th anniversary event has come to an end and the long run home begins.

IMHO, the crew who orchestrated this event did a superb job. I enjoyed myself thoroughly - good people, great wheeling, and unbelievable scenery. I'd love dearly to come back to Moab again and run more of the trails, but I don't know when circumstances will permit that (the 30th, perhaps? It's a long haul from the Garden State.). In the mean time, I have probably 1500 pictures to pick from for wallpaper on the computer at work to remind me of the incredible week I've had.

Everyone have a safe trip home, and don't forget to post pics to make Mike in NJ feel a little better about missing this one.

Rob

P.S. To the guy who videotaped me getting up the "Tipover Challenge" on Hell's Revenge - don't forget to let me know when the video's up so I can download it. That's a clip worth saving, and I can't wait to see that bit from outside the truck. Thanks for capturing it for posterity.

I just got home... Well 12 hours ago anyway.

Had a blast!!

Good luck with that drive Rob. Good wheeling with you.

Everyone have a safe trip home, and don't forget to post pics to make Mike in NJ feel a little better about missing this one.

Nice. :moon:

while I'm sure everyone's pics will be spectacular - I have my own memories thank you .

. . . . and if you happen to see a black SUV with deep tinted windows following you in Ohio - just ignore it. I don't know anybody in Ohio.

MG

gbr-end.jpg

indeed it was a great week, and it was great to meet You guys over there !!

I got home today morning.. We were actually in Gardnerville already 11 PM saturday - but Stebel realized that there is another bottle of vodka in His cooler .. and We decided to empty that bottle.... took Us like an hour to do it when watching pictures from Moab at the same time... After that I wasnt able to drive - so I crashed at Stebels ... :party:

See You guys next Year :) :looney:

trying to finish all the beer we brought...still at cabin 6...heading out in the morning (monday)....

Pat and I might be the very last naxja folks still left in the campground...

what a great week!!!

mac 'Christmas lights and ac/dc still a blazin' gyvr

trying to finish all the beer we brought...still at cabin 6...heading out in the morning (monday)....

Pat and I might be the very last naxja folks still left in the campground...

what a great week!!!

mac 'Christmas lights and ac/dc still a blazin' gyvr

Good luck, you two! I've been home over 24 hours now and am just about ready to go back to Moab. I still need to unload the Jeep and do about a bazillion other things . . . but let the planning begin!

Got home a couple of hours ago.

So that's what I've been missing for the last 5 years!

Can't wait to go back.

I have been home for a day now and already miss some of the new friends that I have made. It was great to put faces with names and to be able to see your rigs in person. This will be a trip I will never forget and can't wait to see hopefully everyone again next year. I hope everyone makes it home safe.

Got back last night missed the snow storm we had through the night. This was the best time I have ever had in Moab, beat the "03" event ( not to take away anything from those who put that one on ). Well thought out and organized, met great people from all over this great nation makes me so damn proud to be a part of this country. I hope to see you all soon on a trail somewhere out there. If your ever in Utah and you love to fly fish, give me a PM I'll set you up.

I just got home a few hours ago and honestly... Moab was more fun than Vegas (don't tell the g/f).

I'm already trying to see if I can swing it again next year.

Left MOAB at 5:00 (MOAB time) and got home at about 7:00 tonight. Long drive but well worth it. We had a most excellent time and cannot wait to do MOAB again.

Great wheelin with great folks........

I will have some pix later in the week.

Mark

I got home a few hours ago after my 14 hr drive. (Shark, I also got home at about 7pm..., but left at 6am Moab time!)

It was a wonderful week!

What sucks is I have to go back to work tomorrow. :puke:

I could have done without the drive home, but it was well worth it.

The Jeep gets parked for a couple of weeks before I can get back to work on it. Then its off to Goatfest!

:D

got home at 11pm last night... to snow

dang I wish I was still in moab.

cool to meet all you guys from all over the country.
NJ, Vermont, Cali, Colorado, Nevada, New York, NC... etc... cool to meet so many people who love to wheel!

I have so many ideas of what I want to build for the Jeep next... my wife is going to hate it hahaha
and
I'm not going to get anything done a work today.... lol

I got home a few hours ago after my 14 hr drive. (Shark, I also got home at about 7pm..., but left at 6am Moab time!)

It was a wonderful week!

What sucks is I have to go back to work tomorrow. :puke:

14 hours?!
Only took me 15.5 and that was with a snow storm, a stop for lunch, and a roadside nap.

Great trip!

Whiners. :) We left Slickrock at 5:00 am mst and got home at 2:00 am pst. 22hrs straight driving minus fuel stops (didn't even stop for meals.) And a 80 mile diversion past the I-84 shut down.

I must have passed Andy (porchpuppy) on the hwy about 3-4 times due to the stops I had to make for the wife n kiddo. Left Moab at 8AM PST and got home at 8:30 PM PST on Sunday

Carnage?
Lost my 2 meter antenna doing a record run on Kane Creek with Rick (JumpThis).
Along the way, my drivers rear axle seal started leakin.

Considering how hard I ran the rig, it held up very well

cool to meet all you guys from all over the country.
NJ, Vermont, Cali, Colorado, Nevada, New York, NC... etc... cool to meet so many people who love to wheel!

The Indiana contingent wheeled with you on moab rim on Friday...

mac '14 hours down, 13 hours to go' gyvr

Back