• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake swap

Sherman_thetank

Keep it pinned!
Ok, so i am still having problems with my ignition not advancing on my 88 4.0 5spd....and i am getting so fed up i am starting to entertain the idea of a carburetor, so i can run H.E.I. So the question is can i bolt the 258 intake manifold onto my engine? Anyone know if you can?

everyone is going to try and talk you out of this. fuel injection is the way to go. your distributor need to be indexed correctly. got all the wires going to the right plugs?

Ok, so i am still having problems with my ignition not advancing on my 88 4.0 5spd....and i am getting so fed up i am starting to entertain the idea of a carburetor, so i can run H.E.I. So the question is can i bolt the 258 intake manifold onto my engine? Anyone know if you can?

why in the hell would you do that??????
why dont we all forget the greatest discovery of mankind, fire, while were at it lol
no seriously tho, do not backtrack and bolt up a carb...all the performance enhancements and fuel mileage will be gone

why in the hell would you do that??????
why don't we all forget the greatest discovery of mankind, fire, while were at it lol
no seriously tho, do not backtrack and bolt up a carb...all the performance enhancements and fuel mileage will be gone
hahaha well because i am out o ideas at this point i have tried a number of different things with no avail and its gonna be getting cold soon :shiver:. No but mainly because im sick of having no power in the bottom end because the timing will not advance...check out my other thread and that will bring you up to speed a bit http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=968863

Back