• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spare tire mount.......

misterjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '92 XJ, didnt come with a rear spare tire mount, and I wanna clear up my roof rack....Is it possible to add a rear spare tire mount? If so, where do I go? I am currently running 33x12.50x15s

thers a lot of tire carrier bumpers on the market, jcr, ridgidco, i think c4x4 has one too, and so on and so forth theres more too. if you just want to add a swing out frame it really needs to be tied into a sturdy bumper with the weight of a 33 on it

shortxjdoug said:
thers a lot of tire carrier bumpers on the market, jcr, ridgidco, i think c4x4 has one too, and so on and so forth theres more too. if you just want to add a swing out frame it really needs to be tied into a sturdy bumper with the weight of a 33 on it

I have the c4x4 and it is incredibly well built. I don't use the tire carrier for the spare anymore (tired of not seeing behind me) but it well worth looking into. It only mounts to their bumper, but honestly, that's not a bad thing.

When I was still running 31's

Jeeponhillbetter1.jpg

Besides, I've beat the snot out of the rear bumper and it just keeps asking for more.

HTH

i just toss mine up on my stock rack and strap it down when i go on rides, take it off when i get home, buts thats cause i have no mony for a real one

Back