• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

side gears

Dobbs

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all what I need to know is the spider and side gears ina Dana 35 all the same with c clips or bolt in axles.I have a 92 xj with 4.0 5 speed with 3.07 gears and a junked 85 with 2.5 with 5 speed with 3.73 gears.My jeep is a DD drive maybe 10 miles a day in town and once a week 50 to 100 mile round trip to some where.I put 235/75/R15 on it had 225/75/R15 before .Looking for a little bit better milage and some more power.If I can just pull the diff and change the gears and set it up to spec. But i dont know if the spider gears are the same the 85 has bolt in axles and a vc disco in the front my 92 dose have a disco any help thank you.

i have side gears from a c-clip axle in a Taco-Bell cup in my garage. yours for the price of shipping if you can't get an answer. don't know if they are the same or not, if they are, I have a set of gears for you.

i'll even throw in the c-clips

Thanks I may have to do that fig there were a lot of people on here that had rebuilt Dana 30s and 35s I seen some where in my searches that 84 thru 96 were the same but cant find it now .

Back