• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Inklover17

NAXJA Forum User
Mine is leaking. The leak is coming from the right side of the regulator. When I pull the piece that goes into the regulator I see a gasket. Is it possible to replace the gasket or do I have to get an all new regulator?

year make model?

I can guess at those but It may not help you

has to be an older cherokee since the new ones are regulated from the tank. But what you are describing makes no sense. The fuel reg on 4.0 is on the front of the fuel rail, there is no piece that goes into the regulator, the fuel line and return line snap in opposite the reg, and a vacuum line goes in the back of the reg. the reg is a round piece held in by a horseshoe shaped strap, it has some o-rings on it. If it is an o-ring leaking you could probably pick those up at a parts store

if it is a new model cherokee, the reg is attached to the pump in the tank, so you might as well replace both while you are in there

Sorry if I sound trite but I wanted to make sure we start off on the same page

The fuel line has three quick disconnect fittings. Sounds like yours is leaking at the FPR fitting. They should not be reused or reseated. I picked up mine at the dealer, or you might be able to get them cheaper on eBay.

Back