• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guys with a rear disc brake conversion.....

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
I'm to the final part of my D44 rebuild(for now) and Explorer disc brake conversion, running the brake lines.
I have the soft lines off the Explorer:
DSC01642.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

but dont think I can use the "T" side now because I cut the soft line that would go to the chasis.
and I don't think I can use the "T" on my 8.25 because the vent line is part of the "T"
DSC01644.jpg

So should I
A) go back to the JY, and grab another Exlporer "T" and get the whole soft line that goes to the chasis, and use it? If I do this, the set up would be:

-------------------Explorer soft line
-----------------------to chasis
---------------------------l
Caliper--soft line--"T"--hard line--soft line--caliper

But is the Exploere softline long enough to reach, and will I be able to swich it out with a longer steal braded later when I go bigger lift?
B) see if I can get a "T" for a 44 with a soft line to the chasis(I cut the soft line on mine, at the JY getting the axle out), and another non-"T" explorer soft line, and do this:

------------------------------------D44 soft line
--------------------------------------to chasis
-------------------------------------------l
caliper--soft line--hard line-- D44 "T"--hard line--soft line--caliper

or can I reuse the stock 8.25 even though the vent is built into the "T"(the D44 vent goes right into the axle)

I used the same junction block on my D44 that I had on my 8.25. The D44 uses a bolt with a washer to hold down the junction block. Not a problem at all.

Well I just got back from the machine shop(getting the bearings and seals pressed on and rotors machined) and parts store, I decided to go with the second route using a new D44 line. Works out fine for me anyway, this way I can sell the axle intact.

Back