• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project O Face

Shoemaker

NAXJA Forum User
Started with a 93 2wd XJ with 110,000 Miles and a smashed front end
l_1993ac50fb434ed3b73033e9fea8f1801.jpg

l_b411445ddc694a018d09d9a8aaf2b6a21.jpg

Than we went to the junkyard and pulled all the parts we needed to fix the damage.

SeansJeep002.jpg

Than got some cans of bedliner and spray painted it to make it look brand new.
SeansJeep005.jpg

SeansJeep003.jpg

Finshed paint job
paint3.jpg

Paint.jpg

Now just waiting to get the rest of the parts to do the real build part.

The build looks like this so far...
D44 front (chevy drop)
14ff rear
5.38's
Spooled on both ends
D300 TC
most likely TF999 tranny(havent decided yet)
40x13.5x16 Iroks
16" soft 8's with Rockstomper beadlocks
leaf conversion front
front stretched 2"
rear stretched about 3"

Stinger front bumper
Custom Rear
Roll cage
etc.

With these tires for now
l_26c3c1698d674851b52ed81c31a1d8331.jpg

Alot cheaper and easier. More solid front end and dont have to make control arm brackets, leaf spring pad, and all that for the dana 44 front. So alot less work for the axles and set-up where doing.

I don't think I'd go with a spool up front just because of the problems with spools and steering unless you're going to be running hubs you can unlock.

nice pizza cutters

The XJ in the background is mine, if you would like pics just hit me in a PM and Ill send you some. Ill be doing the build on this starting the 1st of November. For the spool in the front question he will have manual hubs and it will also have Hydro assist to help with the size. The tires came off a transport. We have someone locally in Florida who buys them in bulk then sells them at a great price with 90+% tread.

As far as the leafs up front question its debated if its better or not. Its cheaper to go full width with leafs, especially if you know someone (me) who will do the work and you dont pay a shop for the conversion. Its cheaper to go bigger, IMO its more stable on DD aspects. It has a setback though, you wont score 1200 on a RTI ramp :)
For this build its perfect and I have done it already so Im versed in the what to not do part!

Back