• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swap question for a t-case

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
i got an 89' 4.0L, peugot 5 speed, and np231. i put a s.y.e. on my t-case and want to swap in an ax-15. i know ax-15's were used in 1990 up to 99? or until the nv3550. so what im asking is will my transfer case bolt up to any ax-15, or just a certain model year?

I believe you have a 21 spline transfer, so make sure the tranny you buy is the same. They made the change to 23 spline, not sure what year.

well im reading and i think the ax-15 is only a 23 spline output

You would need to swap input on the tranfer than, not that hard to do.

okay but i put in a PORC s.y.e in my t-case, would that make any kind of difference to changng the input shaft? it came with a new main shaft

okay but i put in a PORC s.y.e in my t-case, would that make any kind of difference to changng the input shaft? it came with a new main shaft

Input gear is seperate from main shaft

Bellhousing pattern has never changed for the 4.0. Only spline change thru- out the years. Don't know if clutch, slave cyl, change was made though.

Back