• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ's running like hell

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
So I left my hood open for a day or so in the rain. durring this time i replaced my dash wiring harness. now today I drove it to school (15 minits or so) it died at a stop sign, it died as i got off the freeway. It is running rough. Also i noticed a little black smoke, so i put my hand over the exaust and there were some little black spots. I have noticed a lack of power lately, I thought that It may be because of my cracked exaust manifold. I have an xj that is identical year (1990) motor (4.0) and tranny (ax-15). I am thinking about pulling the throttle body off and replacing that. What else should i consider?

Also my temp guage that wasn't working before the wiring swap still isn't working...

check the temp sensor, its on the back of the head on the drivers side, sounds like its unplugged or bad?

tps doesnt like to get wet, could be the loss of power. i would disconnect all wiring harnesses and spray with electrical contact cleaner and allow them to dry out and apply dialectric grease.

throttle body did it, the old one was gummed up, I have more power than i have had in a year or so. I am gonna take the intake manifold off my xj and sent it with my buddy to work to have him run it through his works parts washer, along with my old throttle body.

Back