• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine rebuild - oil pump question

rockshox

NAXJA Forum User
my rebuilt motor came with a new oil pump which i plan on using. the pump is already assembled with the cover plate and gasket on it. reading the shop manual the procedure is to set the end play on the rotors and pack the pump with vaseline before installing.

so my question is if the play has already been set since the pump is pre assembled, and I can just use a drill to prime the oil system before starting, or should I disassemble the new pump and check the clearance and follow the complete procedure from the manual. thanks

my rebuilt motor came with a new oil pump which i plan on using. the pump is already assembled with the cover plate and gasket on it. reading the shop manual the procedure is to set the end play on the rotors and pack the pump with vaseline before installing.

so my question is if the play has already been set since the pump is pre assembled, and I can just use a drill to prime the oil system before starting, or should I disassemble the new pump and check the clearance and follow the complete procedure from the manual. thanks
I've never checked a new one, usually just squirt some oil into it, install it and drill prime it. just don't cheap out on the pump

ok thanks guys. naxja is such a great resource. im sure ill have more rebuild questions later. of course i will search first.

Back