• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Bush Bar/Grille Guard

Foxmotorsport

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up what is supposedly an oem grille guard off an 84XJ, just wondering if anybody has ever heard of this, or has any pics of them. I tried searching - to no avail. It fit ok, but looks a lil awkward.... I'll post pics later.

DSC02551.jpg

it looks similar to the one mine came with, but i have no idea where it came from. it appears you have some brush guards, i havent seen those before!
sorry about the bad large pic, its that or a bad camera phone pic

By cm_cm

after further inspection, those are not the same brush guards.... or did you make those brackets on the outboard side of the brush gaurd?

I rather like the way it looks whether it's OEM or not, I say good find.

Looks a little bit beefier than the one mine came with.

jeep.jpg

Those are the brkts it came with, bolted in thru the bumperette holes, I mod'd the lower mounts to go to my frt receiver hitch so it was a bit stronger. Not bad for $40 eh?

it looks similar to the one mine came with, but i have no idea where it came from. it appears you have some brush guards, i havent seen those before!
sorry about the bad large pic, its that or a bad camera phone pic

By cm_cm

How is yours mounted?

I picked this up from a junk pile, supposed to be from an older XJ.
P1020335.jpg

P1020336.jpg

Does yours look about the same? It's to narrow to go to the front towhook mounts. Is the bumper cut to make it fit?

That looks totally different from mine, mine had "L"type brkts that went to the bumperette holes, and more "L" brackets that went into existing holes on the bottom side of the bumper, I changed the lowers to come straight off my frt receiver hitch, and welded the uppers to the bumper, as it was a lil wobbly in my opinin before that. Mine is way larger than that one, almost sticks out too far IMO.

Not OEM but it's a pushbumper! I don't like the looks of that Chrome pushbumper on the white XJ above as it looks like if it bent in it would go straight for the radiator...

l_c2c63b220ad721c1d20982ddc9ff83b3.jpg

Not OEM but it's a pushbumper! I don't like the looks of that Chrome pushbumper on the white XJ above as it looks like if it bent in it would go straight for the radiator...

You wouldn't happen to have any pics of how that is mounted?

Or know if the bumper has to be cut? Trying to adapt one to fit on my 98...

Depends on how hard I'd hit something with it. Last time it just pushed my bumper in and ate my grill a little.

thats fine, i avoid hitting things. also, its not chrome.
mine has little brackets attached to the pushbar, but yeah, its differant.

Back