• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No horn when locking??

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
A couple weeks ago my horn stopped working when I press the lock button on my keyfob. The horn still works with the panic button and on the steering wheel but doesnt work when I hit the button. I didnt mess with any setting or anything just stopped working... Any ideas?

Your owner's manual should have directions on how to turn the horn feature back on. I'm in the opposite situation right now. I always keep mine off, but the other day I was rolling around under the Jeep with my keys in my pocket and I accidentaly turned the horn feature back on. Can't remember how to do it off the top of my head and I've been too lazy to look it up. I'll probably fix it tomorrow. Let me know if you've lost your owner's manual and need directions.

Finally got around to fixing mine today. For anyone else's future reference. The chirp feature can be turned on and off as follows:

1. Press and hold the "lock" button on the key fob for 5-10 seconds
2. While holding the "lock" button, press the "unlock" button on the key fob

Each time you do this, the chirp feature will cycle on and off. Can't believe I managed to do that by rolling over onto my keys. :dunno:

Back