• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep 2500 how to.

Nomercy

NAXJA Forum User
ok first off i did a search...

im thinking im probobly going to keep my Cherokee for a while...cause i cant find anyone interested in buying it...

its an 01 and needs a paint job pretty bad but i was thinking that before i get it painted why not convert it to a 2500. are there any posts out there that are pretty detailed on how to do this conversion. i saw that there is another order out for the parts and im SERIOUSLY thinking about doing this but id like to look at a few threads on how everything goes first. mainly the bumper overlays. everything else im sure is pretty much straight forward bolt on except for a few wiring woes which shouldnt me more then a few splices

the bumper overlays kinda sacare me cause it looks like there may be some fab work involved to get them mounted right and i have limited resources to do this.

if ya'll can let me know pretty quick it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Wade

They're just another batch of body parts- if some 6yo Chinese kid can put one together, so can you. Now if you just got the nose, you've got to modify your fenders, but the entire conversion shouldn't be too terribly complex.

it appears thats what has to be done.

like i said its not a big deal, it was just something i was thinking about. not sure i wanna do it or not though...it looks nice but im not sure i like how the front end is rather curvy and the rest of the body has sharper angles. thats whats holding me up about this.​

I am part of another group buy and the parts are on the way. They are going on my comanche, where I think the rounder look will be better for the rounder looks of the back of an MJ. I am not doing the bumper though, not sure about that yet, it will fit with the stock bumper though.

Back