• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do about wet carpet after driving into puddle

hitchhiker

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so it turned out to be more of a small pond then a puddle and the water was over the door sill height. It was a very funny moment but I was yelling for them to pull me out before the interior flooded anymore so they didn't get pictures.

I sucked out all the water I could with a wet vac, can I just leave the carpet damp in the garage with the windows all down and it will dry out eventually?

This is just a trail rig, I drive to the trail and back in it but it's not a daily driver.

main.php

Last edited:
pull the carpet and rhino line the inside, it will take the pad forever to dry and it stinks

X2. I never even flooded mine while I had carpets in, but my carpet still got all moldy and mildewy. Tore it out, herculined it, and I've flooded it twice since then, and its dry by the time I get home.

when this happened to me, i cut the carpet into four pieces, one for each front seat, one for the back seats and one for cargo area, i took off the sound-deadening from underneith and hung them out to dry.
now you have removeable carpet pieces for when this happens again!!!
ryan

Bedliner baby! It was the best thing I could have ever done. No more stinky mildewy carpet and it dries fast as hell!

Pull the carpet. My quarter glass was leaking, and the heep smelled like a pile of dirty socks on a hot day. Pulled the carpet, hung it up in the garage, and got over a gallon of water out of it. Took nearly a week to dry completely.

nice idea about cutting it up. I took the carpet out and am letting it dry. It doesn't smell now so I'm thinking once it finishes drying it will be ok to reuse it.

I flooded my jeep on the trail, found out quick that the cherokee didn't have drain plugs. I took a screwdriver and a hammer and punched a hole in each floor board to let them drain. Worked like a charm!

I'm going to go back and take a hole saw and drill them out and put in Wrangler drain plugs.

Back