• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes booster upgrade

Dobbs

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all i am thinking about getting a Dual Diaphragm brake boooster to upgrade my brakes .i am running 235/15 so mite as well say stock just want good brakes .What I need is real life info on the upgrade did it heip and how much diff did it make any info welcome

it worked well on my 1991. the 1996 booster fit in, you need the spacer though. As far as a difference, I liked it, and will be doing the same upgrade to my 1989 comanche

I put a 95 booster/mc combo on my 94 w/ 31x10.50s. *WELL* worth the time & effort.

I did 96 dual diaphragm switch on my 89, used a Jeep Liberty prop valve , changed to rear disks, WELL WORTH IT!! Search this site for excellent write ups.

I did a 95 booster and master on my 89 with 32's. Well worth the effort.

I did one on my 88 XJ with full widths and it was a huge improvement to the brake system.

I needed two 3/16" brake line tubes, 12" long.

Then I used a total of four adapter fittings that I got from NAPA

There is....
a 3/16" female to 1/4" male adapter
a 3/16" female to 5/16" male adapter
a 3/16" female to M12 x 1.0 male bubble end adapter
a 3/16" female to M10 x 1.0 male bubble end adapter

I don't know which adapter part number is which, but the four part numbers are..

Dsc00655.jpg

The washer bottle just barely will fit now, the circles show where it is against the booster and against the air filter box. I put some spacers under the mount points to raise it about 3/4" and moved it forward about an inch.

The push rod on the old brake booster (left) is a little different then the new one.
Dsc00646.jpg

I went ahead and drilled out the new push rod with a stepped drill bit to 5/8", then I ground a flat spot on the end that looks just like the old push rod. The brake light switch seems to work fine.

Hello will I will get a booster nand get started going to but new rotors and calabor on new rear brakes with all hardware and self ajuster have drums turned and see what happends thanks to all

Back