• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this plug? pics

bigalpha

I was laying under my jeep looking at the oil .. errr, engine .. and I saw this plug dangling against the firewall:

2913045884_e8783c2351.jpg

If you need more pics, I can take them.

Could be your CPS connector. The connector created a few problems and many are bypassed and run directly into the firewall. Look at your harness coming from the CPS.

Being on the pass. side it's not the cps that plugs in and mounts to the intake/fuel rail. When you were under there did you see any other connector's that were unplugged and dangling? And also what year is your jeep, depending on the year and what type of dash cluster you have there's a few different things on the pass side it could be.

Thats the dangle under the Jeep connector. they had too many plugs in inventory so they placed them randomly around the Jeeps.

not sure what its for, but I had the same one in mine and used it as either a "key" on live power feed or 'constant' on feed... I forget what I used it for now, whichever it is I guess.
depending what model you have not all wires are used.

Me thinks you are looking at the underhood lamp harness. That plastic "bracket" that is taped to the wiring should be attached to the bottom of the hood, near the firewall and the connector plugged into the light. Your light is probably gone, as they were a crappy design and broke easily.

x999 on the underhood lamp,NO jeep would not do anything that costs money that they dont have to.
be glad they left you some extra wires, you might just want to install a non-ordered oem option later in the life of the vehicle

btw, this is CLEARLY nothing to do w/ modified tech, so take that shit to oem tech unless you cut some wires and cap em, then proceed to do a writeup about it!

btw, this is CLEARLY nothing to do w/ modified tech, so take that shit to oem tech unless you cut some wires and cap em, then proceed to do a writeup about it!
I think you need to have another cup a coffee and wake up and look what forum your in.

Last edited:
Is the plug always hot, or does it become hot when you open the hood? I was hoping it was teh magical plug that I had to plug in to fix my tranny.

xcm - :looser: :D

IF you open your hood and the light does NOT come on, plug this connector in to the underhood light. If the light comes on then it's for the underhood light, if not, keep looking.

I'll bet xcm that cup of coffee that's what it is.

...or we could mod it for fog lights :)

yeah, my mistake =\ at least i tried to help a little instead of being 100% dick
seriously, everyone here thinks its your underhood light, so unless your jeep doesnt run without it, relax like im going to.

Does your oil pressure gauge work? It looks like the oil sending unit plug and its in the right place.

EDIT:
I just stepped out to look at my 96. Its got the same plug to nowhere. Mine is zip tied to the wiring bundle that runs along the firewall. I wouldnt worry about it. Zip tie it up out of the way and find something else to be concerned about.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I'm not concerned about now that I know it won't fix my transmission problem.

Funny thing, it actually came standard with fogs, but the last owner took them off. I'm contemplating using 2 x 55 watt fogs for aux reverse lights.

Back