• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.88 chysler 8.25

the pinion is 27 splines, not the axle shafts. you can use whatever shafts you want

I was always under the impression it was the axle shafts that were 27 and 29 spline. Pinion splines would make no difference in anything but the yoke! You can not use 29 spline shafts in a 27 spline carrier and vice versa. Not sure on the gears or not.

It says in the description it fits 91-01 XJs, so I'd say there's no difference.

Not to hijack or anything, but has anyone had experience with this brand at all? I hadn't heard of Nitro, and was curious of the quality. I may end up keeping and polishing my 8.25 after all.

When referring to either a 29 spline or 27 spline 8.25, its the axle shafts that are either 29 or 27 spline. With that said, the website says Pinion spline 27, as stated before, so you should be able to use the gears for either axle, as the gears have nothing to do with the axle shafts.

Last edited:
Back