• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel swap/interchange? ?

bumpstop

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know, did the (I think they are called) Moab style wheels in 16" off of some of the TJ's, Rubicons ect come with the 5 x 4-1/2 bolt pattern? I wonder about finding some of these for my Cherokee, but don't know if they are all 5 x 5 or if that is only that late model ones. Any help would be appreciated. Jim

The moab wheels from a TJ Rubi up to 2006 will fit on to an XJ fine. Many people do it. They have too much backspacing for a tire bigger than about 32-33 inches, unless you use a wheelspacer.

The moab wheels from a TJ Rubi up to 2006 will fit on to an XJ fine. Many people do it. They have too much backspacing for a tire bigger than about 32-33 inches, unless you use a wheelspacer.

Thanks. I saw other places where this same subject was broached. Guess I should have read a little more before asking, but thankss for the quick answer.

Just make sure you get the pre 2006. Anything later they change to a 17'' wheel and a 5x5'' bolt pattern.

And because Im a picture whore:
004.jpg

Back