• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Air Compressor

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Is anybody bring a compressor capable of powering air tools to Moab?

We are installing Le Baron hood vents in my rig. Maybe a clinic if anybody wants to watch. Using an air body saw, cut off wheel and mini sander. Need to borrow a compressor to get the job done.

If you're bring one, could we borrow it sometime between Sunday and Wednesday for a couple of hours?

Thanks,

As an alternate to the airbody saw you could use a jigsaw with a metal blade. That worked fine when I put in my 280Z vents.

Or an angle grinder.
Andy, I do have a compressor that might do the trick, I'll check if I have enough room for it. If not, I'll have my CO2 bottle there.

I don't have any of those tools. Charles is bringing his tools, but they are all pneumatic, so I'm kinda committed there.

Thank you for making the effort.

I don't have any of those tools. Charles is bringing his tools, but they are all pneumatic, so I'm kinda committed there.

Thank you for making the effort.

my comp wont fit in the jeep or my tent trailer so I will resort to power tools. However, an air compressor would be VERY bennificial for making repairs in camp (not to take place into the weeeeeee hours of the morn):dunno:. I will try to bring some pnumatic tools as well.

I would like to attend your clinic for my vents. I will try my best to cram my angle grinder, sawsall, scroll saw and some other metal working tools and disks/blades in my junk. Im not sure if I have any metal cutting blades for the scroll saw though.

some other items to look at bringing for the event: blanket or cover to protect windshield and rest of body from sparks from angle grinder, tape to help avoid chipping paint while cutting, marker, any templates you have made etc.

I'll toss the jigsaw in with the tools. Air tools suck the life out of CO2 bottles.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could someone video this and get it on u-tube. Would be a big help for those that cant make it to moab. (Or live in different countries :( )

Back