• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biden or Palin who did better?

So who did better in the VP Debate?

• Palin

Votes: 45 59.2%
  • Biden

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • undecided

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

funvtec

NAXJA Forum User
this one is a bit more difficult for me.

i think Palin danced a bit but Biden didn't rub me the right way seems like a b.s.'er to me.

i'm not sure how this one sits with me.

I think Palin did a fantastic job of coming across as humble and eager to fill the shoes of VP. Doesn't mean I'll vote for the ticket she's on, but she did a very good job of putting Biden in his place.

Biden on the other hand, came across as a pompous ass. But Biden did a great job of talking without answering anything.

Personally i think she did terrible, She stumbled alot, went in circles over and over, and she repeatedly ignored the question on hand and went back to attack previous statements.

But, on the flip side. If i hear the word "Fundamental" again im going to personally deliver biden a new vocabulary (ga'dammit)

If I hear "maverick" with a folksy accent again...I don't know what I'm going to do but it's really annoying.

Biden just seems a douchebag to me. He didn't really answer any questions, rather just attacked the Republican party. He seems like the kind of guy who would cut you off in traffic and then flip you off when you honk at him.(n)

She's a dolt, unfortunately he's a pompous ass.

I thought they both did well. I was actually surprised that I liked Biden. I really hadnt heard too much from him until now.
Palin, well she just gets more adorable.;)

I would like to see a McCain/Palin/Biden ticket.
To me, of the four of them McCain/Palin/Biden/Obama.
Obama is the odd man out. He is the only one who rubs me wrong.

I keep listening to Biden closely trying to figure out if he is still the Vietnam anti war activist that got him into office originally. I find people of his (and my) era who rode the antiwar movement into office offensive. I detest what he and his kind did to America in the early 70's.
You can sometimes read through the BS with Biden and get a taste of the true person. The more I see, the more I think he is trouble (an almost Kennedy who makes moderate noises). And who very well may be the Chenny of the Obama administration.
Palin seems like a likely VP, not up to speed yet, but a Presidential prospect for the future. I remember Geroge W.'s first year, he was often kind of pitiful giving a speech. I tend to favor non Washington types for the executive branch, it often makes for a better balance.
I also thought at the time that George W. would likely grow into the job and his advisers would keep him out of trouble. Shows what I know.

i think she is hot. does that count??

I thought Palin did a much better job. At first I wasn't impressed with either of them but after the dust settled a bit it was pretty clear to me. It seems that Biden did nothing but spout out lies and skewed representations, according to the media anyway. I do think the adorableness is wearing thin and the maverick line is getting annoying but overall she pressed him more IMO.
I agree that it would be nice to have an average joe on the executive side of things. I think she has what it takes to do the job. Biden will just be looking for financial gain (Chenny). She sounds genuine which goes a long way these days.

I think Palin did a fantastic job of coming across as humble and eager to fill the shoes of VP. Doesn't mean I'll vote for the ticket she's on, but she did a very good job of putting Biden in his place.

Biden on the other hand, came across as a pompous ass. But Biden did a great job of talking without answering anything.

:clap:

If I hear "maverick" with a folksy accent again...I don't know what I'm going to do but it's really annoying.

Which Biden repeated plenty of times. I think he successfully used "maverick" 5 times in one sentence.

"you betcha that hotness there counts."

While she is cute, adorable, and hot, just what does that count for as a potential US president? :dunno:

I not sure I heard her answer a single question when it was asked. She instead ignored the questions and just said what she wanted to say, most of which said nothing.

I see why she is a successful politician, and governor. She can talk your ear off, charm the pants off of you, and say nothing all at the same time (and probably fry the bacon at the time, LOL), all seriously important characteristics of a successful politician.

Back