• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get stock tire carrier?

bigalpha

Is there any rhyme or reason as to which XJs got this? Was it included in a package, or was it customer request only?

I'd like a tire carrier but it seems this'll be the cheapest way to get one if I can find one.

call around to the junkyards in your area. it might take a while but i figure you'd find one eventually.

I got mine from a member on here. There are two types also. One mounts just to the bumper and latches to the rear hatch when shut. The second mounts to the bumper and tthe rear quarter.

I have access to one that is from an 87 that mounts to the bumper and the rear quarter panel. If your interested in it PM me and we might be able to get something worked out. I am not going to use it now.

Junkyard

Unless its complete, pass. Missing parts for it are very hard to come by, and expensive if you can find a dealer that still has them. You'd easily run yourself up to the cost of an aftermarket carrier.

I might mention mine is complete and still on a parts rig.

I've been trying to find one too. no luck at the junkyards. Was bidding on one on eBay but it went all the way to up to $270 and for that price, no thanks.

I've been trying to find one too. no luck at the junkyards. Was bidding on one on eBay but it went all the way to up to $270 and for that price, no thanks.

shipping is also crazy stupid b/c of the size and weight of these. The one I have has a rear bumper to go with it since the mounts and latches are part of it.

Holy crap!!! Mine was like $35 bucks

Back