• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rolling for Moab!

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
Hit the road this morning, holed up in Hudson, OH for tonight.

Any of you guys taking I-80 see a dark red XJ Laredo with NJ tags and a NAC sticker on the bottom right corner of the tailgate window, get your butts onto channel 19 and say hello.

"Let's kick the tires and light the fires - first one up is the leader!!"

Rob

Have a great drive.

I leave at 3:30 tomorrow, Thurs. We'll likely stop in St George for the night, then be at Slickrock Fri afternoon.

Headed out about 6am Thurs.Plan is to be in Moab on Monday

Wayne

Me and Stebel are going sunday 4 AM from Tahoe :D will be there around 6 PM on slickrock camp - get the BBQ and Beer ready ! :guitar:

Have a great trip folks :)

DSXJ (Aaron) and I are leaving from San Jose, 3am Sunday morning. Driving to Salt Lake City to catch the San Jose Sharks Game then we are driving down to MOAB on Monday.

See ya all there.......

Mark

Headed out about 6am Thurs.Plan is to be in Moab on Monday

Wayne

Have a safe, smooth, failure-free ride Wayne. I'm watching for NAXJA stickers on the road , but there's none to be seen up here on I-80 except mine (hell, I'd just like to see some XJs - seen a grand total of three between NJ and NE). It does make for a somewhat lonely ride, and this afternoon when it looked like I had an oil dribble back in RMS territory, more than a little nerve-wracking. The dribble seems to have gone away (I made two more stops after seeing the dribble at a rest stop this afternoon, but no drips at either of those, and I'm fairly sure that the level on the dipstick isn't dropping), but I'm going to keep a close eye on it, since it looks as if I'll be on my own up here if problems arise.

I was kind of hoping to cross paths with some MWC guys, particularly in the Illinois area, but no such luck. Does I-80 have some sort of bad ju-ju that I missed a memo about? It's been good to me so far (pauses to knock quickly on the wooden furniture in the hotel room).

Rob
(knocking on wood all the way)

Well, I'm bunking for the night on the north side of Denver - going to make the mountain crossing in the morning when I'm fresh.

Hopefully now that I'm "joining the crowd" on I-70, I'll actually see someone else from NAXJA on the final leg of my run to Moab.

Hope to see some of you in the mountains tomorrow - don't forget, if you see me (dark red Laredo with NJ plates), switch the radio over to ch. 19 and say hello as you come up on me.

Rob

Have a great trip folks :)

DSXJ (Aaron) and I are leaving from San Jose, 3am Sunday morning. Driving to Salt Lake City to catch the San Jose Sharks Game then we are driving down to MOAB on Monday.

See ya all there.......

Mark

We are too amped. Gonna hit the road now :)

Hopefully we make it tonite :)

Just want to wish everyone luck on their drive to MOAB. If you guy's need anything passing through missouri just let me know, I live right off of I-70

Back