• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NV241OR Rock-Track, what's it worth?

3XJFamily

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at one of the Rubicon 4-to-1 T-cases and wondering what it is worth? Looks to be in excellent shape with 70K on it. . .

Ehh depends on the worth to you honestly. Its benefits are it is very stout, and you have the 4:1. I personally would just throw a 4:1 in my 231.

Ehh depends on the worth to you honestly. Its benefits are it is very stout, and you have the 4:1. I personally would just throw a 4:1 in my 231.

So what, you figure $1200 or more in parts and labor to build a comparable NP231?

It's not worth what people are paying for them.

The price of these seems to be going down along with the 2spd Atlas.

If it's $1,000, Is it worth it? How about $850?

Well labor is not considered in, I have rebuilt one and I will rebuild/overhaul others. I still figure the price of a 241 new not used. After you rebuild a t-case you can consider it new.

The hassle to get find one for the right price, and if I am not mistaken make the room for it in your cherokee, I would just play around with my 231.

This is why the Jeep world is so great. You get multiple opinions on how to do your rig, but the bottom line do what you want to do. Its your money.

And again I emphasize, the 241 is very stout.

Keep in mind you'll have to buy two yokes for the 241 at about 100/each to run it in your XJ....not to mention the clearancing.

A used Tcase with 4:1? I might pay $500 for it. I could just spend $700 and put Tera 4:1 in my existing Tcase and still have the option to add 2 low.

You have that option on the rubi one too.

The rubi 241's sell for $750 to $1100. With 70k on it, I'd be thinking closer to $750-$800.

Keep in mind you'll have to buy two yokes for the 241 at about 100/each to run it in your XJ....not to mention the clearancing.

Depends on the situation. The 241 has a 1330 yoke in front that I moved to the back and went with a new 1330 CV shaft. I needed one anyways with the lift.
I bought a 1310 yoke for the front and reused the original driveshaft.

As far as clearance, none was required in my 98.

Back