• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC drop needed for 3.5" lift?

I just went through this with a 2" lift on my 99. If it vibrates then you need it if not then you are good. With 3.5" I would be prepared to need it.

every rig is different. i had a 4.5" kit in a 93 and had no vibes, my DD 99 w/ a 2" BB has vibes....

TC drop is a band-aid fix but will work with good results. Most paople only do a TC drop with 3" so you should be OK. If not SYE/H&T is your solution.

If you have mud tires its harder to notice but I could with 4" before I got my AA SYE.

i have a 98 XJ with 3.5" and i had bad vibes. T case drop fixed it all. They are cheap (30 bucks give or take) and fairly easy to install if you have a stud extractor for those pesky frame studs on the cross member.

I have a 98 xj with a 3 inch lift and I dont get any vibs. just goes to show how different each XJ is. either that or .5 inches makes a world of difference, ha. I think its the first one though.

Last edited:
Back