• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this sensor? pic inside

bigalpha

As the title says, what is the sensor right above the oil filter?

2900582386_8efaa7b577.jpg

Yup, its the oil pressure sensor.

I would suggest buying a better oil filter. Fram filters are junk. For about $1 more, you can get the Napa house branded "silver" filter (made by wix, a decent manf) which is a heck of a lot better quality. You might notice the oil pressure comes up quicker on startups and stay normal instead of dropping as the filter starts to plug up after 1000 miles.

I like your signature, btw. :}

Ah, thanks for the advice. It seems similar to the K&N v. paper filter debate. I'll definitely look into getting the other filter. When I changed the oil, I made a huge mess, and getting to the filter was a royal PITA.

I'll be having other people do the oil for me :D I'll make sure they use my oil filter, though.

Thanks, I think it's pretty accurate.

Ah, thanks for the advice. It seems similar to the K&N v. paper filter debate. I'll definitely look into getting the other filter. When I changed the oil, I made a huge mess, and getting to the filter was a royal PITA.
Unplug the oil pressure sender and pull the Negative (-) battery terminal before changing the filter. Removing the sender prevents breaking it, and also helps reach through the area. Unplugging the battery helps prevent arcing the starter when you drop the battery.

Pick up a NAPA Gold 51515 filter and add an extra 1/2 quart to the fillup.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Unplugging the battery helps prevent arcing the starter when you drop the battery.

I think he meant:Unplugging the battery helps prevent arcing the starter when you drop the filter. When removing the old filter, it's easy to drop it onto the starter motor wires.

I think he meant:Unplugging the battery helps prevent arcing the starter when you drop the filter. When removing the old filter, it's easy to drop it onto the starter motor wires.

Yeah, that's what I figured. So far, I changed coolant, oil and tranny fluid. I'll never do my oil in the Jeep again, major PITA.

What?? You've never dropped your battery?!?
happyfinger.gif

Yes, unplugging the battery helps prevent arcing the starter when you drop the filter across the starter terminals.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

i have shocked too many times by dropping the filter or a 1 inch wrench right across the terminals! always take the neg. terminal off - i felt it jump across my chest once that was kinda scary...

x2 on the 51515, thats what i run, larger capacity and a much better filter than fram!!!

about the whole dropping a battery thing, i dropped one off the top of a truck one day at work, it took the fall pretty good but the landing was what hurt....broke the case and acid went everywhere!!! just a random thought.:gee:

Back