• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bail Out Bill Defeated

I'm sure they'll slap another one together and keep trying.

:fingers crossed: maybe they'll realize that insuring them would be better than buying them out....

I won't hold my breath though....

Hopefully that new stimulus package will get added in.

I mean if the gov't is going to fuck the country into debt I might as well get a share right?

Then the House flushed it. Back to the drawing board.

And the DJIA got flushed with it, down -777 as I type here, new low.

They may not have a drawing board left to go back to!

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]U.S. stocks hammered as House rejects rescue
Dow hit by biggest-point loss ever, topping post 9/11 loss
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva] [/FONT]By Kate Gibson, MarketWatch [SIZE=-1]Last Update: 4:47 PM ET Sep 29, 2008[/SIZE] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Stocks plunged Monday, with the Dow industrials plunging 777 pointsor their worst point drop on record, as the House of Representatives voted down the government's $700 billion financial bailout package. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]"The bill would've decreased uncertainty, at least a little," said Marc Groz, managing member, Topos LLC. "Instead, the failure of the bill has sent uncertainty -- and the VIX [the market's fear gauge] soaring. This is a fear-driven market." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]The Dow Jones Industrial Average ($INDU) finished at 10,365.45, down 777.68 points, or 7%, giving the blue-chip index its worst point loss in its history, topping Sept. 17, 2001, when it shed 684 points.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]All of the Dow's 30 components ended lower, with sharp losses especially seen in the likes of Bank of America (BAC) and American Express Co. (AXP), which both lost over 17.6%.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]http://custom.marketwatch.com/custom/earthlink-net/mw-news.asp?GUID={7F45BE2A-0486-494E-B87C-76D9F2688338}&destination=&symb=djia
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

It seems our own Government has topped the terrorists. In reaction to 9/11 they have created a much bigger problem...

Josh

"Government is not the solution, it is the problem" Ronald Reagan.

Well there you have it. Scream dooms day loud enough and the politicians will panic and vote to pass an even worse bill...

239 to 158 in favor of the new Pork and beans bailout bill where Pork is the main course...

Well there you have it. Scream dooms day loud enough and the politicians will panic and vote to pass an even worse bill...

239 to 158 in favor of the new Pork and beans bailout bill where Pork is the main course...

The revised bill just passed about 30min. ago.

well Since i posed when i saw it live on CNN about 50 minutes ago I would say you are close

Back