• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TCU/TPS/IAC/CAS???

Bunn4funn

NAXJA Forum User
So here goes, i have searched and nothing adds up to MY symptoms.

Long story short
89 limited 210k mi

It has been making a crazy zipping noise during acceleration but nothing over 2nd gear. Drove fine, nice power, no slips, all 4wd modes flawless!! Leaking a small amount of fluid from where the rear shaft hooks to the tranny.... and takes a while of turning over to crank but it always does!!

I Put it up on a rock climb yesterday and after a few attemps was rejected, bald tires ...... everything was fine. though i did bottom it out on the crossmember, then i gave up, no point in breaking shit ya know ?!?!

On the way out (very muddy) i got slightly hung and had to rock the the jeep back and forth to get it out. Nothing crazy i wasnt even hard on it really. I got it out though now with a stalling issue. Jeep idles fine,but in gear it will stall and back on the road im stuck in 1st. Everything else seemed to slip. Checked to fluid..... fine. Limp it home thinking ill deal with it later tomorrow

get up this morning go out crank it up, runs fine, drive it up the road to the barn ( i live on a farm ) a 1/4 of a mi and still stuck in 1st. Check fluid, look under the truck and see fluid from the front of the tranny!? pull out the 10amp fuse and drive FINE now i can switch gears(manualy) and no slips. Reinstall fuse locks into 1st remove and shifts up. Still stalls. I had a 88 that would stall also like that but that's a different story ...

So whats causing this to stick in gear,stall and a hard start (which has been there) ive been looking all morning here but they dont all add up. You guys ever had these problems?!?! TIA!!!!

Back