• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has Anyone...

Tried to shove the Motor, tranny and t-case in at the same time? Im thinking about trying to shove it all in at once... Is it possible?

Yeah? definately possible, just depends on the route you want to take;

Hood off, drop down at an angle then finagle it horizontal as it gets deeper.

Header panel off, straight shot in, a little less finagling

Front Axle out, lift up the body enough to clear the valve cover, body comes down while assy. goes up, and you're good...

Those are listed in order of the amount of prep work it will take, but that is traded off with the amount of in-progress work needed.

Hmm... doesnt seem too bad. My hoods resting against my windshield... is that far enough? LoL

exhaust mani is already on the chassis side of the jeep so I dont have to worry about maneuvering the engine as much... The jeeps gotta 6" lift so I know I can tuck most of the tranny and t-case before it hits the ground... Im gonna give it a shot. Whats the worst that could possibly happen? LoL

Its always more challenging installing everything at once... Due yourself a favor remove the hood. Even then Its still a bear....

Good Luck

Nick

Back