• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Floor drain plugs?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
So I pulled my carpet today because it felt moist. Luckily since my Jeep is a Washington Jeep, the rust was just scattered surface rust. However I was dumb enough to pull one of the plugs, only to break it and not be able to put it back in...

Can I just lay down some 18gauge sheet metals and drill it in? Maybe line JB Weld around it or something? I see no point for the hole...

~Scott

P.S. I'm considering rubber coating the cargo area of the XJ...anyone have any thoughts to add to this? I'd throw the stock carpet back on...but remove the insulation.

im about to do the same thing im going to leave a few of them out to let the water drain out juat in case i hit a big hole. buy hurculiner i think i spelled that right from what i have read that is the best kind to do it yourself with just prep is the most important step they are just drain holes i guess i dont really see no point in them neither but every car i have ever looked has it

Back