• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need pictures of an 85 jeep cherokee engine 2.8 the whole engine with the hoses

85cherokoholic

NAXJA Forum User
would anyone and everyone be willing to post a great picture of what their engine looks like, my jeep has been rigged under the hood, and i only have 2 hoses, one connects my radiator, and the other is bypassing the heater core, by seeing a picture of someones engine bay will help me make sure i get the right hoses attached:patriot: all help is greatly appreciated. i guess just put them on this thread, because another fella on this forum, needs that help to,
thanks to all.

IM001373.jpg

IM001372.jpg

IM001371.jpg

that orange vacuum thing is the dual CTO it shows the vacuum ports backwards of what they are on the vehicle. If you trace them out they go 3 of them go to the carburetor, 1 goes to the distributor, and the other 1 can be just plugged off. look at the picture you put on here the front of the carb that hose that is plugged into those 2 ports take it off of the bottom port and connect it to the orange vac thing its the bottom port on the side with 2ports not the side with 3.

Are you leaving your air pump off? I'm wondering because I am considering removing mine.
But as far as explaining the vacuum hoses, no I couldn't even begin, mine is beyond jury rigged.

on the carb where i told you to take the vac. hose off those 3 vac. porta on the vac. diagram are top one is C and the middle one is D and the bottom one is A
D goes to the orange thing aslo bottom one on the side with three.
A goes to the little thing bolted to the carb, if you look at your pic its right behind the radiator hose. Now there is one more vac.port on the front of the carb it is called B it goes to top of the orange thing -the side with three ports the other top one on the orange thing you can plug off.
Now you should have one vac. port left on the orange thing, if you did it as i described then it will be the middle one on the side with 3 ports it goes to the distributor.

yes air pump and all the other stuff is left out because his does'nt have the exhaust tubes coming from the exhaust manifolds going into the air pump crap

o.k. there are 2 vac. ports on the back of the carb. the one on the driver side is G it goes to the PCV on the valve cover. The other one I can't tell you right now cause its dark outside. But it is E

OR you can spend $500 bigg ones and get a weber 38mm DGAS carburetor and eliminate all that vacuum crap.
hmmm or you could sell the rig for $500 bigg ones and use the grand toward an 87 witha 4.0 and dana44:eeks1:

Back