• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why not to get your tires siped at Wal-Mart

Looks like a standard spiral siping job.

Hah I saw those tires earlier... I thought, "My fenders did a better siping job then that for free!"

Hah.
~Scott

Theres nothing wrong with that siping, they just shouldnt have done the outer lugs but on the road its only going to give you better traction. What do you guys think a good siping job looks like?

-Alex

Theres nothing wrong with that siping, they just shouldnt have done the outer lugs but on the road its only going to give you better traction. What do you guys think a good siping job looks like?

-Alex

Free? :dunno:

~Scott

He had them up for $700 2 days ago...

~Scott

Maybe I should offer that guy $250 since thats what I paid for my last set of bfg's. :D

-Alex

I was considering offering something lower but 33's and 5.13s wont make the jeep happy on the freeway

i should post pictures of there attempt at balancing my tires. Never seen so many weights in my life. and to think I was excited when it was gonna cost only 20 bucks

-Alex

looks sloppy to me If I was going to pay to have tires siped I would want closer and more even spacing on the cuts and only the center lugs.

Agreed on the center lugs only. As far as the spacing goes, looks about like my 33" MT/Rs that I got siped at Discount Tire when I bought them. I'd certainly do it again for a daily driver.

Trying to get a consistent siping job from a machine ONLY on the center lugs with most MT type tires is VERY difficult.

I have done all mine by hand and when you do it this way they end up with exactly the spacing you want and what ever part of what ever lug you want. If you pay to have them done with a machine I don't think you can expect perfection.

Just my .02
Michael

Back