• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME 939 TJ coils

byron555

NAXJA Forum User
Well I am a newbie, and I did a search and did not find anyone else posting this info so here it is.

My 98 xj needed new springs front and rear. The rear saged badly and with the addition of a Nate's front winch bumper and Warn m8000 the fronts were hardly up to the task. I had already installed a BB from terra flex (spacer/shackle). So I ordered OME medium duty rear leafs and the OME zj coils for the front (936 I think), for the stiffer spring rate. The front coils were sent directly from ARB USA, and low and behold they were in fact the tj 4" front lift spring (939). Not the springs I ordered. After speaking with ARB tech support (awsome customer service), they thought the 939 could actually work better. I removed the front spacer and installed the new front 939 springs, and I can honestly say they seem to work great. The front end rides good and has great control, if I had to guess I would say that I netted about 4 to 4.5 inches of lift over stock.

If someone knows what the stock distance from the center of the wheel to the fender flare, I will post a more accurate number. while your at it post the stock rear measurement too, please.

17.5" front,17" rear.

Back