• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here is my route to fall fling whats yours?

jonn

NAXJA Forum User
Well i am leaving today from kimberley b.c. canada, its about 1100 miles so not to bad of a distance. However, when you have a loaded down jeep with 35s and you are pulling a tent trailer you can't go to fast. we are heading to missoula mt then down to sun valley idaho, salt lake city then moab. Combining fall fling with a vacation so we are taking our time getting there, (also leaving this early so we have time to fix any unforeseen mechanical problems the way, xjs don't break down do they?)

See you on the Road

I 81 south,I 64 West,I 70 more west,,1991 miles from home

Wayne

I envy you because you are going to Missoula, MT. My home town.

118 East
405 North
5 North
14 North
138 West
15 North
70 East

Stop over in Vegas.

Leave Grand Junction Colorado on the 7th around 10am - Take I-70 West to 191 South - Trip should take me about 1.5hrs

6.7 Cummins and the Jeep - at about 75mph......

6 speed auto or stick? If its the Auto...can you take me for a ride? Still trying to decide if I want to upgrade to a Mega soon.

6 Speed Auto. Look me up when you get to town - Trust me you cannot miss the Orange Beast. I will be staying behind Dennys at my father-in-laws place.

That is the only thing that I wish I would have got - MEGA CAB - But the 6 Speed Auto and the Exhaust brake are awesome.

Leave Grand Junction Colorado on the 7th around 10am - Take I-70 West to 191 South - Trip should take me about 1.5hrs

6.7 Cummins and the Jeep - at about 75mph......

Those cummings are so much lowder and less power than my Duramax, don't know why uou guys drive them except the cheep price.

My journey...

On Friday, take the bus to Zurich main railway station.
Take the train to Zurich airport.
Do the airport security thing.
Fly to Luton Airport in England.
Rent a car at the airport and drive home to Northamptonshire, stay overnight.
On Saturday, drive to London, Heathrow Airport, drop off car.
Fly to Los Angeles.
Meet the nice immigration officer.
Meet the nice customs officer.
Get a cab and stay at a nearby motel.
On Sunday morning get a cab back to the airport.
Fly to Salt Lake City.
Meet our friends at the airport and get a ride with them to our storage unit.
Collect my Jeep, and back to our friend's place to finish repairs.
Drive to Moab.

Vince, you make it sound so easy. Ah, the short lines at Heathrow. Is the wife coming?

Back