• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ lower control arms

There have been people who have used them. Me, no. They also have a bend in them, to clear larger tires.

ARWJlca01_sm.jpg

I have them. I'm about to switch back to stock XJ ones and add poly bushings. The WJ bushings at the frame end aren't replaceable (that I have found, anyway) and they're squeaking so badly my wife's afraid to ride in the Jeep.

Timber said:
I have them. I'm about to switch back to stock XJ ones and add poly bushings. The WJ bushings at the frame end aren't replaceable (that I have found, anyway) and they're squeaking so badly my wife's afraid to ride in the Jeep.

did you buy your's new or used? how does the actual bushing look, dried out?

Used. The bushings do look dried out, and I may have caused some additional harm by not cooling them while cutting them down (but it couldn't have done much damage). If I could find just frame-end bushings for them, I'd be super happy.

i have them and dont have a problem with them

Look at my write up and you will see a way of using them and not cutting the bushing at all. I was afraid of damaging the bush as above and it also does not allow as much room for side to side movement when you cut them down causing problems like Timber has.

Timber said:

You may want to think twice about poly if you wheel your rig. They can rip off control arm mounts if flexed enough. The stock rubber ones allow enough movement, Poly doesn't.

Back