• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

27 spline 8.25, loc-rite, and 33's??

redjeepguy

NAXJA Forum User
okay, i did a search and couldnt find what i was looking for. anyone running a 27 spline 8.25 with a locker and 33's? will this work?? do they make upgraded axle shafts like yukon's or superior's?? thanks for any help.

Mark

Georgia Mike has run his 27 spline open rear welded-locked with 33" Swampers... He gets on it pretty hard and hasn't had a problem (yet)

His isn't a daily driver though.

Spare OEM shafts wouldn't be a bad thing to tote along...

Yes but, isn't he running 10.50's and not 12.50 33's? I would think that it woudl make a difference.

I got my Dutchman Motorsports axles this week. Hope to install them next Saturday.

With bearings and seals - $280.

DutchmanMS

I got 29 splines and will mate them with a 29 spline NoSlip from Randy's...

bburge
93XJ

well, i will be running 10.5's as well, maybe even 33x9.5's. didnt know if that made a big diff. or not. anyway, i already have the 27 spline locrite on the way, so changing that really isnt an option. i guess i will give it a shot and pick up some spare shafts just in case. you never know til you try it, right??

Mark

I'm running an 8.25 27 spline w/ 33x10.50 s . I had a detroit in it but I broke an axle the detroit and the yoke. Yukon makes axles for 27 spline I'm now running them . Detroit wanted too much money to fix my locker so now I'm running a Lockrite. Superior is now building axles for 27 spline not yet available will sell for about 225 an axle.
Rick

Back