• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scenic Ride?

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
A while back there was talk of a "scenic ride" on Tuesday - is that still in the works?

I was planning to do something on tuesday like that, but I'm not the one to suggest what is "touristy"

I'm still all for it, but we'll need some opinions about what is a "must see" then maybe I can organize a time and place.

I was planning to do something on tuesday like that, but I'm not the one to suggest what is "touristy"

I'm still all for it, but we'll need some opinions about what is a "must see" then maybe I can organize a time and place.

For *ME* the must see trail Moab is Hell's Revenge. The trail is easy enough to do in a stock vehicle if you skip all the optional obstacles, yet allows each driver to tailor the trail to his own difficulty level by choosing to participate in some obstacles.

And the scenery is spectacular.

Andy,

Hells Revenge is an enjoyable trail with alot of obstacles and beautiful scenery...
IF anyone wants to do the trail on Tuesday... I would enjoy doing the trail again !!
I am not offering to be leader; since it has been quite a few years since I did the trail last. That would be a slow trail while I am trying to figure out where to go....

And don't forget the LaSal Mtns that overlook Moab. The Loop Road is a daytrip that can take you from 4,500 to 10,500 ft elevation and back.

http://www.redrockadventure.com/adventure/backroads/la-sal-loop.html

1199900700055247321S600x600Q85.jpg

1199900843055247321S500x500Q85.jpg

1199901443055247321S500x500Q85.jpg

And don't forget the LaSal Mtns that overlook Moab. The Loop Road is a daytrip that can take you from 4,500 to 10,500 ft elevation and back.

Jeff,

Thanks for the reminder...
How could I have forgotten the gorgeous scenery up on the Loop...

During this trip to Moab... I will do the Loop again....

Charles

Jeff,

Thanks for the reminder...
How could I have forgotten the gorgeous scenery up on the Loop...

During this trip to Moab... I will do the Loop again....

Charles

Charles,

What day? I spoke with Truxxj about this drive also, we were thinking Thursday.

Tom

Taking a day to do the LaSal loop is real good, you can even drop onto Sand Flats Rd from the top and come back to Moab through the Sand Flats area. Going north to Canyonlands and stopping at Dead Horse Point is nice, then go on to Canyonlands, stop at the visitor center, etc. If you want to add more scenery and still keep it in two drive, after doing Canyonlands drop off the cliff on Shaffer Trail which switchbacks down to the bottom and is very scenic, then you drive a dirt road below the cliffs back to town, and you can stop to view the river. We'll run Shaffer on Sat as a group, but it's a nice run to do on your own with a few people.

So the "tourist run" that was proposed a few months ago never came together?

So the "tourist run" that was proposed a few months ago never came together?

Start a new thread about it, there will be folks interested. There's so much tourist stuff to do, have to see where folks want to go.

Back