• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GC ARB on XJ

Bstd_02_Wgn

NAXJA Forum User
Can this be done? The local "junk yard" has one for $200! and it dont have a scratch on it! I know there would be some fab work involved, but im wondering if anyone has done this or has some input?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if it would fit. I'm inclined to say no though. Go grab a tape measure and measure how wide the XJ frame is then head over to the junkyard and see if the bumper is the same width. If that matches, start measuring bolt holes. If it doesn't work buy it any way then sell it to someone with a grand cherokee and make a profit.

Chris

Alot would depend on the year,because the GC is an entirely different platform.Sounds like way to much work and ARB bumpers suck anyway!

Jew them down to $150-175 and then sell it for $300-400!

It was me, and I have pictures! :greensmok

Got it done, and took pics too. Maybe someone can non-clicky them for me seeing as im still a newb! Gracias!:tea:

Head On

Where I "slit" the sides to bend them in a bit. These will be welded and repainted tonight or tomorrow.

Trimmed the flares a bit.

And the sticker for the non-believers!

Hope you enjoy! I need to reinforce the brace brackets, there are only 2 bolts on each side holding it to the frame rails. Nothing a welder and some JCR reinforcement brackets cant fix. Clearance looks good all around, and it fits pretty darn tight. I did NOT however have to do ANY modification to the brackets or the mounts themselves, it was "plug and play".

Along with doing the brackets, im going to follow this guys idea for shortening the bumper end caps themselves so the tires can stuff. :)

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...nting+brackets

Wow, impressed. How hard was it to make it work? Any pics of the frame tie-in's?

Not to hard actually, like I said there really wasn't much mod. to be done. I DO need to get some reinforcing brackets, and cut the end caps down a bit. I'd say it was easy, its just about having the right tools.

I can't see the head on pics for some reason. The rest looks pretty good. Did you trim those fender flares with your teeth?

Back