• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another wheel question

Alienspecimen

NAXJA Forum User
From my search here, I read conflicting reports...but first things first.

99 XJ Sport AT NP231, DD mostly, but taking it occasionally on rough gravel/stone roads while camping.

I would like to replace the steelies with alloys. Looking at the 15 inch size only. They come in 15X7 and 15X8.

Will the 15X8’s rub anywhere with something like 235/75 R15 on them?

Thanks in advance

An 8" wheel is a little wide for 235/75 IMO. With that said, if you are talking about factory wheels, the backspacing for a 7" wheel is 5.25" while the BS for a 8" wheel is 5.5". If a 7" wheel doesnt rub, the 8" wheel wont rub.

Yep, like Ray says either will fit without rubbing, since both 7" and 8" widths came stock with 235/75/15's or larger.

The 5-spoke Ecco is a very good stock wheel, light and strong and is a 7" width. That's what I'm running, because of the looks and the lightness.

I believe the 'Canyon' is one with 8" width. They look good too, with the polished spokes. They are slightly heavier than the Eccos.

Then there's the 'Grizzlies'. The look dosen't do anything for me, but they're still fine wheels, and I believe they come in both widths.....?????

Last edited:
Back