• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally Finished Rear Bumper

macs97XJ

NAXJA Member #1247
The goal was to have a bumper to sorta match the front. I wanted it to be sorta easy, to add a little protection to the sides, and flow with the rest of my junk.

No tire carrier, but I will be adding another plate to mount the two shackles to match the front. Once I add the plate, it will give me back the space on the sides that the heat took away.

On the corner pieces I added a bottom tube to add a little strength and a bottom protection to the corner of the qtr panel.

Not bad for the 1st rough attempt I think, the next one will be powder coated.

NOTE: The wrinkle paint did not wrinkle as much as I wanted, but it all good, if it gets scratch, which it will, I will just take it off and repaint it.

2en6zdj.jpg

1/4" steel for mounting to stock location, with upgraded bolts.

5kq23s.jpg

2" top and 1 1/2" bottom

116tj83.jpg

Here are the corner pieces that bolt onto the middle section

2ir6bt5.jpg

1/4" side mounts

20qgjl2.jpg

Middle section mounted

16lef50.jpg

I made the holes a little bigger so the corners could be adjusted up and down

xc25og.jpg

ev84np.jpg

30libno.jpg

Rubber ends caps will be added, and a spacer to move it away from the body

eqdn2b.jpg

Matches the rest of the added on junk

mac

LEO: Yeap those are you old flares, thanks btw. I have ordered one, but the company called and said they do not have any onhand. So, spare tire will be in-da-back

Hung up, I'm guessing yes however I'm also banking on my new tires sticking out a little to help with that, but there are some trials that it will hang up on, hopefully once I get them capped, it will help shield major hang ups.

mac

Back