• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" Rough Country

black2door

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody have or used to have the 3" lift from Rough Country with the add-a-leafs. If so how is it, I'm not too worried about the onroad ride unless its horribly rough. Is it okay offroad, I won't be doing a lot of hardcore wheeling but will do a little. :) THANKS

I had a 3" with aal on my comanche and didn't liek the ride. it flexed, but not very well. from waht I hear their full leaf packs aren't bad, but I would go with another kit if I were you. just my oppinion.

I just bought a 98' w/ this lift already on it. I'm running 31" BFG Mud Kings and I love it. The lift handles really well and is awesome for the non-hardcore wheeler. I highly reccommend it for those wanting to go out once in a while but still have a great daily driver.

I've put several of those kits on my customers jeeps and they all love them! I've met the guys from RC, too, and they really care about their customers. if you run into a problem, call them and they will sort it out fast! I just put the RC 6.5" kit on my xj and it seems pretty solid. I haven't had a lot of time to test it since I bolted the rear up this afternoon, but it seems like a great kit!

I just took this lift off of my Cherokee and UPGRADED to an RE6030 3.5 inch Super flex kit. I love this kit it flexes like mad!! The rough Country kit is what it is, a cheap 3 inches of lift, I only netted about 2 to 2 1/2 inches of lift. I ran 255/70/16's on my Jeep and would not have wanted to run any bigger without doing some trimming. It will not flex a lot and it rides rough! If you get this kit do yourself a favor and put about 300 pounds in the back of your Jeep for about a week. That will help your Jeep ride better but it will always ride ruff because of the AAL. If you can wait, or if you have the money now buy the RE 6030 kit, much better and not that much more money. Go to www.4x4groupbuy.com and check out their prices, you will be surprised. The RE kit netted about 4 inches and will clear my new 265/70/16's (31's) without any problems. I only paid $520 for my kit. Check it out!!

here is a pic of my Cherokee with the Rough Country 3 ich lift on it with the 255/70/16's
Jeepwithdiamondplateunderdoors2.jpg

Jeepbefore.jpg

RBWinter037.jpg

Back