• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein 6100's

alex22

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be buying new shocks in the next week or so and I'm going to go with Bilsteins. I did a search on here and found that just about everybody is running this brand but there is no real mention of the 6100 shocks. Is there a real reason why nobody is using these or are they overlooked because the 5150's have an external reservoir on the top and look cooler?

~Alex

i would consider myself a shock aficianado in training, i had to google those to find mention of them.

have you gotten a price for them? or... why do you want those? who stocks them?
the 5150's are great... the 7100's are better! both are popular! large production quantities = lower prices.why not go with those?

Last edited:
also, nobody i have bought shocks from before even carry them. so... if i have to wait 2 weeks to have an off the shelf fox 2.0 valved and charged... why would i backorder a shock nobody runs?

offroad engineering? nope,
kartek? nope

you wont be dissapointed with either the 5150 or 7100's.... just get them valved right.

I'm probably going to go with the 7100's but I was just wondering why nobody was using them in the XJ's.

~Alex

for 5150s you mentioned you have to get them "valved right", what does this mean? Would the vendor do this for me? Im thinking about running these up front, not rear though.

for 5150s you mentioned you have to get them "valved right", what does this mean? Would the vendor do this for me? Im thinking about running these up front, not rear though.

5150's only come in 2 valvings. 255/70 and 170/50. You want 255/70.

what size is needed for a 3.5in RE lift?

When you start talking higher end shocks, its stops being a "what size is needed for X lift" and more of "how big can you fit when your rig is on the bumpstops".

Pull your shocks off, flex out, measure from shockmount to shockmount, and find the shock who's lengths fit best.

Someone else here may know what they used on a 3.5" lift. :) I run 6.75" of lift with custom shock mounts, and have 12" bilstien 7100 shortbody's.

Back