• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running 3.5" packs, want a 3/4" add a leaf , 1.5" add a leaf too much,

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
ok, well i want to lift the rear of the jeep 1/2" -3/4" and stiffen it up a bit, im running rustys 3.5" packs( on the jeep when i bought it...)
so im thinking about grabbing some stock cherokee packs and pulling out the weakest springs so it only lifts the rear end at most like say 1/2" ? anyone have any ideas about which ones to use, where to start? im guessing one of the middle leaves would work?
i tried 1.5" aals and it lifted the rear 4" and was way to much,

Re: running 3.5" packs, want a 3/4" add a leaf , 1.5" add a leaf too much,

You could buy a short AAL instead, those ones that lifted it 4" I'm guessing were long ones. The short AALs shouldn't be too much money either and they should help stiffen it a little, not much but a little.

idk if you already have it or not but have you considered putting a shackle on that gives you that much? they're pretty cheap

It will sag!!

ok, ive already tried "short" 1.5" aal's, thats what gave the 3.5" pack way too much lift even after settling. ive tried 4 different shackle and shim combos, terrible vibes even with correct shims and driveline angles, my jeep just prefers the stock shackle i guess. basically im wondering if anybody has pulled some leaves outta stock packs and thrown em in an aftermarket lift pack for roughly 1/2 to 3/4 " extra lift? im gonna start with some of the middle leaves and throw em in my 3.5" packs and see what happens. they have already sagged to about 3.25" in the rear , so i figured 1/2 to 3/4" of lift in the rear would stiffen things up and better help me clear some 33's

Hm well if that doesn't work and your Jeep doesn't like shackles, throwing in a leaf from an XJ would sorta work but remember those stock leaves are really thin, so it might not do anything but expand your pack the thickness of the leaf (I'm guessing). You could throw in a 5/8" cast iron block in there if you wanted, I know a lot of people don't like blocks but I believe it could work. I forget who makes the 5/8" block though.

yah i was thinking a 1/2" block would work too. thats the other option. i was thinking even if the stock xj springs lift it only the thickness of the leaf and i use leaves thats like over 1/2", plus making the rear end stiffer....

I made a 3/4" block for mine. Made it from 3/4" solid steel and welded in the 7/16" center pin. They dont move at all.

Mine are actually tapered and zero rates. Moved the axle forward 1/2" and put a 2 degree angle on them.

You not running a SYE? That would cure the vibes and you could relatively run most any lift combo.

Heck I'm running AAL, Block, and Shackles LOL.

Just grab a stock pack and mix and match. I got ~1" by adding a stock main with the leafs cut off. This was added to a 3"AAL with a 1.75" shackle, so Im right around 5". Stiffened it up a bit, too.

yah im running a hackntap sye with a rebuilt/balanced and retubed front shaft, still have vibes over 62+ sometimes under heavy acceleration, im thinking a stiffer rear pack would also maybe eliminate some axle wrap, my rear leaves are super soft and flexy, nice for trails, im gonna rule out blocks since im already dealing with super soft springs already and more axle wrap would be bad and this isnt a trail only rig, not a DD either though. i basically wanna stiffen up the rear and add up to 3/4" lift after settling with some cheapo already worn down stock packs, il prob end using the second to main or the main leafs, like i said, ive researched bastard packs for stock packs, but not for an aftermarket lift pack...when i finally do it ill post what leafs i used and how much lift and how much stiffer....etc

Back