• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a nice rack...

bigwillxj

NAXJA Forum User
lol but i bought a 45x50 surco rack for $100 from my girlfirends brother today but the problem is it has the wrong mounting brackets. He rigged his up but i have a brand new box that says LT100 on it. My ? is what # do i need for my 97 with factory roof rack( i would rather not do gutter mounts)

You do want gutter mounts. The cherokees rack is help onto the roof by a torx bolt through the rail into the roof and a nut fused in a rubber washer. which is easilty pulled out. I have seen peopel put lumber and ladders on the roof rack and have them pulled out on the highway speeds.. I thought the same, did the rail mounts on my surco and it rattled away, and made my roof leak into the cab. and yesterday I replaced the rail mounts with gutter mounts which are far superior in every way. You can damn well pick up a cherokee by the gutters.

that being said I have rail mount adaptors for a 1990 style rack for sale cheap if interested

Back