• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what kind of shocks should i get

iroll919

NAXJA Forum User
right now i have the crap rough country shocks the cheapest ones and i want to upgrade

i am thinking the RE twin tubes because the mono tubes and bilsteins are too much

my question is will i notice a difference between the twin tubes and my crappy ones right now or is there another brand like procomp that makes something decent for a decent price

right now i have the crap rough country shocks the cheapest ones and i want to upgrade

i am thinking the RE twin tubes because the mono tubes and bilsteins are too much

my question is will i notice a difference between the twin tubes and my crappy ones right now or is there another brand like procomp that makes something decent for a decent price

Havent had any problems with my Pro-Comp ES 9000's and I got them for a decent price around $130.

I've run Pro Comp ES3000's on a YJ and now my 98 XJ and love the ride they give. It's a noticeable difference. Very good quality shocks in my opinion. And cheap too. A set of 4 from 4 Wheel Parts for $100 with boots.

i have to say in my tj the ride between the twin tube and monos were pretty significant. now the xj has a set of twin tubes that the previous owner put on with a BB... im tempted to run a set of rustys shocks with my 3" rc coils/leafs i just ordered. however, another side of me is wanting to wait and get the re monos cause my tj rode so nice with them. shocks do play somewhat of a big role in ride comfort. id say between tire pressure, shocks and spring rate.... shocks plays the smallest of the 3 roles.

hence the reason im torn between paying $200 for rustys shocks and over $300 for the re monos

I run OME LT shocks. I'm very happy with the ride and how well they stand up to banchin'. Of course springs and shocks together determine the ride, if you have stiff ass springs then it won't matter what shocks you run, your ride will suck. I'm running RE 4.5 coils and DPG 5" leafs, and I've got a bit of extra weight, mostly rearward. Roof rack, hilift, full size spare, roll out drawers full-o-junk, air tank, gas skid. It doesn't ride like a caddy, but it doesn't rattle my teath out except on washboards.

Back