• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5in coil springs same lenght as RC 3in!

109ace

NAXJA Forum User
I Went from a RC 3in to a RE 3.5in. The difference in the rear is noticeable but when we were comparing the length of the front coils they were the same. Is this because the RE springs wont sag as much when weight is applied? The front wont be finished for another few days (school) and I was wondering if this is normal.

different spring rates

Thats what I was thinking. I was hoping not to have to buy spacers for it. Once the new shocks come I will see how bad the height difference is between the front and back.

When I installed my RE Super Ride kit, the rear was initially about an inch and a half to 2 inches higher in the rear than the front, then sagged to about an inch higher than the front. I talked to a few shops and they said it's because usually people throw a full size spare in the back, hi-lift jack, gerry can etc. to weigh it down. Mine doesn't have any of that. I then threw in about a 1" coil spacer and it sits just a tad higher in the rear still, not extremely noticeable.

Yeah the RE kit has stiffer coils. When I threw on my RC 3" lift the coils sagged down to about 1" of lift after a couple months.

if thats the case why dont you contact jason at RC and get that taken care of. a 3" coil sagging 2" is rediculous. hope mine dont do that- they will be here tomorrow.

as far as the original post, RE has a higher spring rate i believe. i thought i read somewhere its one of the stiffest springs out there.

My RC didn't start sagging until this year, the kit is almost 5yrs old though. The front wasn't too bad but the rear dropped a lot.

Back