• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring LED tails

red91xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm a total dunce when it comes to this stuff, the light has three wires, and they are labeled, GROUND, TAIL, and STOP&TURN. Now you'd think I'd be able to figure it out but I can't.

I can wire it so I have my tail lights. I can wire it so I have turn signals. I can wire it so I have Brake lights. BUT I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME WIRE IT SO THEY ALL WORK.

Help? Maybe I should drink a few beers and then try again... :dunce:

I searched but didn't find what I was lookin for.

I'm a total dunce when it comes to this stuff, the light has three wires, and they are labeled, GROUND, TAIL, and STOP&TURN. Now you'd think I'd be able to figure it out but I can't.

I can wire it so I have my tail lights. I can wire it so I have turn signals. I can wire it so I have Brake lights. BUT I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME WIRE IT SO THEY ALL WORK.

Help? Maybe I should drink a few beers and then try again... :dunce:

I searched but didn't find what I was lookin for.

Search mod tech for "tail light converter"
(no quotes though)
Billy

As I said I'm a retard with electrical stuff.

I got them all wired up and they work cherry, except one small detail... When they turn on they kill my rig. Dead battery. I can hit the brakes 3-4 times and the lights light up and then it dies and needs to be jump started... Any idea? Short somewhere? :banghead:

ya thats what i am guessing - make sure that if you run them off the towing wiring that your fuse at the box is ok for the amperage - i had to bump mine up becasue it keot blowing for some reason... now its all good

LEDs should not be killing your battery, you should be able to leave them on for hours... they draw almost no power. it sounds like you have a dead short somewhere.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking... About the LEDs not drawing any power hardly.

Whats a dead short? Sorry newb to electrical stuff...

a dead short is also called a short to power. basically your hot wire (battery) has become grounded somewhere and is killing your battery. if you dont want to use trailer converters i have a write up somewhere that only requires cutting 1 wire and connecting it elsewhere. i think the only thing you need is a butt splice and they work great.
http://208.101.10.250/~naxjaor1/forum/showthread.php?t=961809&highlight=wiring+leds

VICTORY! That write-up of trippled's there got me there.

Thanks!

Dont know where that dead short was... Not a problem now though...

Back